What my Confessions are All About

As women, our lives are full of expectations. Expectations come at us from everywhere. We are supposed to be the perfect wife, mother, friend, employee, etc, but somehow, despite our best efforts, we never make it to perfection. This blog is an attempt for me illustrate some of my imperfections, hang-ups, struggles, and hardships while still realizing that I'm only human. And that's okay.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Confession #22 I Love Hearing The National Anthem

I don't know about you guys, but there is just something about The Star Spangled Banner that makes me tingle inside. I love hearing it sung. It makes me feel this incredible pride in being an American.

I don't come from a family deeply involved in the military. Frankly, I've always been a bit scared of it because of the possibility of death. I have always had a deep admiration for those people who voluntarily give of their time and some their lives for keeping alive the freedoms that we enjoy. When I hear the Star Spangled Banner it always makes me just a bit more optimistic about those men and women in the military keeping us safe for at least one more day.

The following is a fantastic group called the Cactus Cuties singing the National Anthem at a basketball game at Texas Tech University. Amazing! Hope you enjoy it, too!






5 comments:

Jan said...

That was INCREDIBLE. I am simply overcome to see such young people perform like that. It is probably the best version I have ever heard. Thanks so much for that Holly. Loved it.

Heather said...

Yeah, that was amazing.

Ashley said...

I am not normally a living breathing evertything patriotic person. After 9/11 that has really changed and the National Anthem feels me with such pride. This is one of the best versions I have ever heard.

Jessica said...

That was beautiful! I also love hearing that sung.

Laurie said...

I've ben surprised my patriotism since my husband has been in law enforcement. I'm not so big on the idea of death, but I love the freedoms in our country. My kids are in a school that is very patriotic and I love it. This week they have been memorizing the Preamble to the Constitution. I love hearing them practice. God Bless America!