What my Confessions are All About

As women, our lives are full of expectations. Expectations come at us from everywhere. We are supposed to be the perfect wife, mother, friend, employee, etc, but somehow, despite our best efforts, we never make it to perfection. This blog is an attempt for me illustrate some of my imperfections, hang-ups, struggles, and hardships while still realizing that I'm only human. And that's okay.

Monday, March 10, 2008

My little angel

There are just some moments when, as a mom, you look at your children and you can't believe how lucky you are. Yesterday and today, I had one of those moments.

Yesterday afternoon I had an awful headache. Even with medication, it wasn't going away...it would just change locations in my head. By the time we were getting kids ready for bed, I was literally dragging. As I reached up to the top bunk bed to give Piglet a kiss goodnight, it was evident that he knew something was wrong. He asked me if I was okay. I told him that I had a headache and that maybe one of his kisses would make it better. He leaned over and said, "I'll give you lots of kisses then." He gave me LOTS of kisses. And even about 5 minutes after I had left their room, he called me back in to give me LOTS more kisses. I absolutely love that kid!

This morning the wonderfulness of being a mom continued. Piglet woke up first, got down from the bed, and went potty. Then he came in my room and the first thing he said is, "Is your headache gone?" When I told him it was, he started giving me LOTS of kisses again. It was one of those moments when you look at your child and you realize that they are worth 100% of what they put you through.

I love you, Piglet!

7 comments:

Jan said...

That is so sweet. He kissed and made it all better. What a lovey dovey boy. It is amazing watching the little ones develope their own sense of kindness acts. Enjoy Holly

Ally said...

Beautiful. :) So sweet.

Hubby and I had huge headaches over hear yesterday as well. Must be something about the time change...?

We didn't get awesome kisses from the children, though. We had to down a Coke. I swear! It's the only thing that takes away a nasty headache by the time I'm done drinking it! I hate the thought of it, and I usually try to stick out a headache at least until I can get to bed to sleep it off. But I get an occasional kicker headache that requires immediate and full attention.

Hate Coke, though. :P Bleh!!

Ice Cream said...

I LIVE for these moments!

Heather said...

How sweet... I love those moments.

Laurie said...

Chldren are so sincere and loving. God really made a perfect plan when he sent children to mothers. We are truely blessed! I hope you are feeling better and that your kids are doing better.

Kimber said...

Those moments make mothering with a headache worthwhile! What a thoughtful kid.

I'm glad the headache is gone.

Ashley said...

I have to confess... there were days when we didn't get the morning brush in. One day while dropping my oldest off at pre-school, she announced...My teeth are dirty, Mommy didn't brush them today! I have kind of made it a priority since then. Kids have a way of setting you straight.