I'm 15 weeks late.
You remember that last post about thinking it's time to eliminate something? I think I need to, I just don't know what to start with. Lately I feel like I am barely keeping my head afloat. Any minute now I'm going to start drowning because I'm wearing myself out.
I have something scheduled every morning of the week. It requires me to get out of the house by 9 or 9:30 every morning. The things I have scheduled are actually all good things. I swap babysitting with a neighbor each week. This was an attempt to have at least ONE morning a week when I went to the gym. It's not turning into that. How ironic that the mornings I scheduled for ME TIME have turned into NOT ME TIME. I have doctor's appointments, Visiting Teaching (Hello?!?! 5 active sisters on my route), Kindergarten Registration, and a million other things that come up that prevent me from going to the gym.
Other things scheduled are playgroups (some of which I don't even go to...), preschool for Piglet, and presidency meetings. This is on top of the regular chores: laundry, cooking, dishes, bathrooms, etc. And because Peter is in the bishopric, he's busy too and he can't always be available to me. These are all good things. This is what makes it so hard to decide what to eliminate.
And to top all that off...I'm pregnant. I'm sorry, but you women out there who love being pregnant...what are you smoking?!?! Because I want some! I HATE being pregnant. I hate being so tired that every day things exhaust me. I hate feeling fat. I hate knowing that I'm going to be on bed rest at the end. I hate stressing about what is going to happen to my family when I AM on bed rest. I hate getting heart burn all the time. I hate how you can't fit through spaces that you used to be able to fit. I hate trying to hurry and get off the couch when the phone rings so you can answer it. I hate it when I get so big I can hardly take a normal breath of air. I hate how swollen I get. I hate going to a million and one doctor's appointments because I'm high risk. I hate having to find babysitters for said million and one doctor's appointments. I hate feeling so worn down I can't devote the time I want to my kids. I hate having to collect my urine just to make sure I don't have a kidney infection. (They usually make me do this about 3 times for the duration of my pregnancies.)
I suppose I shouldn't complain. I don't get morning sickness too badly. Just a bit of an upset stomach (at night with this one.) I don't get gestational diabetes. I don't ever go over my due date. In fact, I usually get induced at 37 weeks. This means tiny babies that come out with one push. But all this doesn't make up for all the things I hate about being pregnant.
And of course, the thing I love about being pregnant is the fact that I get to hold my own little newborn. You all know how indescribable that feeling is.
So, that's it. That's my confession. That's why my blogging has suffered. That's why I'm barely staying afloat. That's why I am the way I am...take it or leave it.


6 comments:
Congratulations! I'm with you on hating being prego. I hate everything on your list plus I get the throwing up, yup fun times for sure!
Congratulations!! :D
I really can't stand being pregnant either. One of my two pregnancies included a twin pregnancy - I think that's the biggest reason I don't like pregnancy.
And I know ALL ABOUT morning sickness. It puts me in the hospital after losing nearly 10 pounds and vomiting bile and all sorts of nasty side effects. :(
Good luck!! It's totally worth it for that newborn at the end. :)
AMEN... I'm not a preggers fan either. Good luck simplifying.
First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
I'm so excited for you. I'm glad it was pregnancy keeping you away and not something else. Just do what important to you. The rest can wait. You'll be back to normal by this time next year and then you can worry about what to add to your lists because you'll be feeling so great. For now, just enjoy the two little ones you have and prepare for the one on the way.
Congratulations! I am not a happy preggers lady. I am sick for the first 5 months and then the nausea comes back the last month. I hope you are feeling better soon!! just keep thinking about that sweet little face you will being looking at sooner than later!
First of all, congrats on the pregnancy... or perhaps I should say congrats on the upcoming newborn :)
Good luck with simplifying. If you figure out how to do it, let me know!
Post a Comment