What my Confessions are All About

As women, our lives are full of expectations. Expectations come at us from everywhere. We are supposed to be the perfect wife, mother, friend, employee, etc, but somehow, despite our best efforts, we never make it to perfection. This blog is an attempt for me illustrate some of my imperfections, hang-ups, struggles, and hardships while still realizing that I'm only human. And that's okay.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Confession #8 -- I Wasn't Always Like This

I love reading Laughadaisy's Retro Pages because I am a product of the 80s and 90s, too. Reading her last post, it reminded me of my college days, too. When I was a much more wild person. Peter often tells me that if he had known me during my college days, he would have never been interested. Truth be told, at that point, I would have never been interested in him, either. Good thing we met after I was done.

Anyway, back to my college memory. I had two roommates that I did everything with. I still keep in touch with them, too, because they are cool like that. One of them was just like me (at the time). We giggled a lot, and we were always on the look out for the really cute guys. You know the kind that were way out of our reach. Whereever we were, we were being goofy. The other roommate was tall, black, and beautiful. She was the one that toned us down. She was always more serious and I think she wondered about our sanity once in awhile.

We lived in a complex that had a pool and one summer there was a really, really, really good looking guy that was hired to keep the pool up. He knew he looked good and he often strutted around without a shirt on. We liked to watch him out the window. One day the three of us were watching out the window and the two of us sillies got the idea to whistle at him. Well, we did, and then we ducked really fast. Our roommate was left standing at the window, mortified that the pool guy thought she had whistled at him because she wouldn't have in a million years. We had a good laugh, but I'm always glad that she forgave us for that one!!

2 comments:

Ally said...

Girl, I am so right there with you. It sounded like you took a page out of my life! I was a little bit more wild back in the day...

I wasn't always like this, either. :) It's nice to be a mother, because I love my children, and most of the moments are good.

But it sure is a hecka lota work!

(Thanks for the blog linky love!)

molly said...

Women- The most creative job in the world involves: Taste, Fashion, Decoration, Recreation, Education, Transportation, Psychology, Romance, Cuisine, Designing, Literature, Medicine, Handicraft, Art, Harticulter, Economics, Government, Community relations, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Entertainment, Mainteneance, Purchasing, Direct mail, Law, Accounting, Religion, Energy, And management. Anyone who can handle all those has to be somebody special. She is. She's a Women.