
Here in the northwest, we have, what I have dubbed Pseudo-Spring. It's not quite spring and it's not quite winter still. We have a few tantalizing days of sun and then WHAMM-O! Rain and overcast skies, again! Some of you are sitting there saying to yourself, "Well, duh! It's the northwest!" And you may have a point there.
It's just on the edge of spring and I'm waiting, rather unpatiently, for it to be full blown spring. While we were in Utah, we had a couple of days that were warm enough for short sleeves. During the drive home, I had envisioned a warm, sunny spring time just waiting for me and my kids to get out there and do something. Alas...I'm home and have been for a week. No such luck. No sunny skies. No warm afternoons. Mostly cold, windy, and sometimes rainy days. Bleck.
My kids are both growing so fast. It's time to pull out the clothes that are one size bigger. I'm putting it off until the last minute. I refuse to pull out the clothes that are long sleeves. So I'm waiting until it's warm enough to pull out the shorts and t-shirts. I might have to wait awhile. And in the mean time, we suffer from what every household with little boys (and girls, for that matter) suffers from...holes in the knees of all the pants. It seems like every time I do laundry there is ANOTHER pair with holes worn right through. Spring, please get here! You can't wear holes through the knees of shorts!


5 comments:
I say Ditto to all of this, why can't spring get here?? My 6 year old is walking around in highwaters cause I refuse to put her in more PANTS, bring on the warm weather!!
And to think I was questioning my own love of Utah because in Spring it seems to fire up to near 90 one day, then it snows the next. I just want to have it be a pleasant 70-something and be able to sit on the swing and enjoy all the tree and flower blossoms for the rest of my life.....
Yeah. Wake up!
I was surprised when my first child (a girl) wore holes through her pants. I thought to myself, 'She's a girl! Girls aren't that rough, are they!?'
Funny.
My confession is, I really can't stand going through the clothes and trying to find the ones they fit into next and putting away the old ones... I love to organize, but I really have no patience for sorting through clothes sizes. :S
What can I say!?
We woke up to rain clouds and and wet ground. It stayed like that for about half the day. Most of the time, even if it's cold we have clear skies and bright sunshine so the overcast skies were a change. I told my kids, this is what the weather is like all the time in Oregon and Washington. We had to agree that we all enjoy the sun, even if it's not warm right now. I hope that warmer weather is coming soon!
Amen
My husband is always asking me if our kids own any pants without holes. I always answer (they did for a day or two). *sigh*
And I am still waiting for the lovely NW spring weather to kick in. Though we had a warm ending yesterday that made me smile.
Post a Comment