I have just returned back into town after a bit of a trip for a vacation. I wish I could say that it was all great, but like most trips, there were parts that I wish hadn't happened. Overall though, it was a great outing.
We stopped first at my in-laws where my kids love to stay. The next morning we headed off to Salt Lake. This was the bulk of our travel...10 hours. The kids were champion travelers and we only used the portable DVD player for one movie during that long stretch!
We got to my brother's house and the kids were excited to see their only cousins. Not much playing could be done because early the next morning we had to be at the temple to see my brother get sealed to his beautiful bride. The kids stayed with my unendowed sisters on the temple grounds while we were inside. They don't know their aunts very well, so they were a bit leery of us leaving them. I'm happy to say that by the end of the trip, they knew their aunts quite well.
The wedding day was beautiful and I wish that I had some fabulous pics to share. I only managed to get a couple and even those weren't so good because one was blurry and another had someone else's hand in it. Oh well. As long as they have pictures of their day! For the luncheon, the kids went with Peter's sister and played at the park and even fed the ducks. They had dinosaur mac and cheese which, apparently is okay to eat, because they don't eat mac and cheese when I make it. That night the reception was beautiful and the kids were even pretty well behaved...after a bit of a nap in the car.
The rest of the trip we visited various relatives...more aunts and uncles, grandparents, great grand parents. Many of the other activities blurred together, but we had lots of fun. We played baseball, had picnics, played more baseball, went to story time at the library, went to the Bean Museum at BYU, and played more baseball.
I knew it was all too good to be true. The night before our 10 hour drive back to the in-laws, Tigger got sick. Vomiting sick. We went ahead with the drive. Piglet soon joined him. We were catching vomit in any container that we could. We finally made it to the in-laws. Piglet got over it quickly. Tigger kept up with the vomit, diarrhea, and listlessness for about 4 days total. We are so glad that's over!
It was a great trip, but I'm glad it's over. That was one of my big stresses from the last few weeks. I would like to think it's all going to tone down and get a bit easier now, but I know better. Thanks for sticking with the blog even though they seem to be few and far in between now!


2 comments:
Welcome Home!! Sick kids while traveling is definately the worst. How fun that you got to see so much family!! I love to visit Utah! It's my favorite place in the world. Okay, so I've only been to Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, and Utah so out of those 4 states, Utha is my favorite! Too bad the weather couldn't have been a little nicer around here during your visit!
Oh! So sorry to hear about the illness. It is so not fun when they are vomiting and have diarhea. Sheesh!!
But glad to hear you had a bit o' fun while you were here in the great state of Utah. We LOVE the Bean Museum at our house!
Post a Comment