What my Confessions are All About

As women, our lives are full of expectations. Expectations come at us from everywhere. We are supposed to be the perfect wife, mother, friend, employee, etc, but somehow, despite our best efforts, we never make it to perfection. This blog is an attempt for me illustrate some of my imperfections, hang-ups, struggles, and hardships while still realizing that I'm only human. And that's okay.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

What to Blog About?

Today is an odd day.

First, I had an early doctor's appointment. I was done by 8:15am. But when I got home, it felt like I had been awake for hours.

Then I was supposed to switch babysitting with a friend and she never brought her kids over...or called. Which is actually okay with me because I could go return some things and run to the bank.

But then I was so tired I put a movie on for my kids and took a nap. But I think Piglet changed the clock in my room (which he does often) because when I woke up, I thought I had slept for two hours! It was only one.

I rushed downstairs thinking that the kids would be starving and that it was way past lunch time. Then I looked at the clock. I stopped rushing around.

Now the oddest part of all. I find that I have time to blog, but nothing to blog about.

So you ask about the baby. Doing fine so far. Pretty typical. Around 32 weeks it gets dicey. I find out next week if it's a boy or a girl.

I recently went to a baby shower for a baby girl. I absolutely loved the clothes. It made me want a girl. Which is strange. Actually, wanting a girl is not strange. Wanting a girl so I can dress her up and make her cute is strange. I am not quite a tom boy, but I'm certainly not a girly girl either. I don't like dressing up. I don't enjoy spending hours doing my hair and makeup. I hate the color pink. Yet, I want a little girl so I can put ribbons in her hair and pink cute dresses on her. And goodness gracious...I want the baby girl shoes. I want to make her look dainty.

And now that I've written it down, I'll be getting a boy...Just wait and see.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait to hear what you are having too. Girl shoes are the best part about shopping!!

Jessica said...

Girls are always funner to shop for, who knows maybe it's those motherly instincs telling you you are having a girl.

Ice Cream said...

It has been far too long since I've stopped by here. CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!!

I was loking through a friend's new hair bow business and saw this cute little baby head band where you can change the bows on it and I almost bought it right then and there... and then I remembered that I'm having a boy. It made me sad for just a moment.