What my Confessions are All About

As women, our lives are full of expectations. Expectations come at us from everywhere. We are supposed to be the perfect wife, mother, friend, employee, etc, but somehow, despite our best efforts, we never make it to perfection. This blog is an attempt for me illustrate some of my imperfections, hang-ups, struggles, and hardships while still realizing that I'm only human. And that's okay.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Confession #12 -- I'm Really Terrible at Washing my Face

I have always been a lucky soul with skin that is usually fantastic. Occasionally I get little blemishes, but rarely even a zit dares show itself on my face. I hardly ever wear makeup...mostly just on Sundays and other out of the ordinary activities. Because of that, I was always lazy about washing my face. I wash it in the shower every morning, but not with anything special. I wash it only on the nights that I wear makeup and even only that if I remember to.



But this has to change. I'll be 30 this year and I'm noticing more and more that my face is not it's youthful self anymore. No wrinkles yet, but it certainly doesn't have even coloring. I have a neighbor who sells Mary Kay. And really, even though I don't wear makeup much, I have absolutely loved anything I have gotten from Mary Kay. I went to my neighbor's house last night and I finally got the basic skin care package. It's been on my mind for awhile, but I never got around to it. But this time I got it. I have loved it. All morning I have been feeling my face and looking at myself in the mirror. I feel a bit silly doing it, but it is such a difference from yesterday that I can't help myself!



So, now that I've shelled out the money for this fantastic stuff, I plan on using it. And then maybe, just maybe, I might be able to take this confession back!


5 comments:

Misty said...

Let us know if you continue to like Mary Kay. I've in the passed, used Clinique. I have skin similar to yours (knock on wood) but I am most lazy in my efforts to keep it that way. I'm just plum too tired!

Melissa said...

Good for you! I hate washing my face. And 90% of the time I just blow it off... maybe, since I'll turn 32 this year, I should learn to take better care of myself!

Ally said...

I always wash my face in the shower, and then again before bed. I'm addicted to it. I really can't stand the grease and grime that attaches itself to my face and skin after a long day. I don't even like to have Hubby rub his face against mine! He's not as 'diligent' at keeping his face clean, so I just cringe at the thought of his greasy-ness touching my face, then my pores clog, then I break out,...

It's goofy, I know. But I haven't done well at moisturizing and such. I'm 35, so I feel like this is my LAST CHANCE to be making a difference in my skin's appearance! LOL :D I'm totally in aging denial!!

Have fun with all your new products! :)

Heather said...

I'm wretched at washing my face at night. I know I'll be wishing in a few years that I wasn't so lazy back when...

Laurie said...

I am lazy at washing my face also, but I love to put products on it when my skin feels dry. I have never tried Mary Kay. You'll have to let us know if you continue to like it and notice a difference!