Peter teases me about sleeping with it. He's mostly just jealous because I cuddle it more than I cuddle him. What can I say? When I sleep on my side, I need something to hold in my arms to keep my chest cavity open. It's the perfect size to fit right in between my arms and it's soft. Peter is a little big for that...plus, he snores.
My sister is the same way with her Blankie. One time when she flew somewhere, she put the blanket in the suitcase (much like I did). We have never made that mistake again. They lost her suitcase and she had to sleep without it for a few days. There was a palpable fear that she would never see her Blankie again. Now, it gets tucked nicely in a large carry on bag so as to never loose it again. It's thin. I can do that.
Peter sometimes thinks it's funny to take it and hide it from me. He can only try this when I'm in an extremely jovial mood because otherwise, it's just not funny. One time he hid it in the morning and as I cleaned that day I found it. I noticed it was missing when I made the bed and I sniffed it out. He has never tried that one again.
My sister and I get heckled by our family for this, but it doesn't matter. I tell them that I want to hand it down to my little girl...if I ever have one. They always laugh and ask how much of it will actually be left for a daughter. But, I don't care. I always sleep better with Blankie folded in my arms.


4 comments:
Well, I'm afraid you've got me on this one. :) I totally cannot relate to this confession at all!
But I do hug a pillow at night to keep my body 'in line' so I'm not in pain when I wake up the next day. (Is that the same thing...? :P )
Best wishes, though, for those washing times - that your blankie will survive as much as possible! :D
I'm with Magirk, this is your first confession that I cannot relate with. I used to sleep with a teddy bear but now my kids use it. I always have little kids in my bed so I guess they take the place of any cuddly teddy bear. I do like to always have a blanket on me and a pillow between my legs. I am very impressed that your blankie has held up for so long, and your husband is a good sport for supporting you in this attachment. I'm afraid mine would not be so kind! Thanks for sharing this confession though. It is a cute one!
I love your confessions! :) I sleep with a pillow between my knees, but that's about it... hopefully your blankie will last for many many years!
I have been using the same feather pillow for so long I'm sure it is totally gross. I wash it once a year and double wrap it in pillow cases each week. I just can't sleep without it.
I always tease my hubby for having a "wooby". He has a fuzzy blanket that he loves to sleep with (but it is only 3 years old).
Post a Comment